Welcome to Semi-slicks!

Hi, and welcome to Semislicks, a place to come for news on your favourite car companies, upcoming new cars, as well as pieces written about the automotive industry.

My name is Steven Wagers and I run the site. I'm a Journalism student and I'd love to hear what you have to say, so post a comment or send me an email (Wagers.Steven@gmail.com).

Follow me on Twitter: @StevenWagers

Monday, November 22, 2010

Mercedes concept car

The LA auto show is going on right now and there are many new cars to talk about as well as some crazy concepts.

The Mercedes Biome. Photo credit motorward.com.
There were a lot of "green"cars unveiled but I think the most out there car from a design standpoint at least was the Mercedes Biome concept.


It's about as green as it gets, or at least it would be if it was being made.

It's supposedly made out of a material called BioFibre according to diseno-art.com. What makes this material different from others though, is the fact that it is grown unlike the metals that one normally expects to find in a car. Apparently BioFibre is lighter and stronger than metal but is as strong as steel.

Now when it comes to concept cars, the companies basically give their designers free reign. They say "go and build anything you want." This often results in insane designs that are either love 'em or hate 'em, and the Biome is no different.

Personally I don't like it, but chances are that it won't be made anyways so I won't have to veer off a road into a tree when I see one.

Words by Steven Wagers.

No comments:

Post a Comment