Welcome to Semi-slicks!

Hi, and welcome to Semislicks, a place to come for news on your favourite car companies, upcoming new cars, as well as pieces written about the automotive industry.

My name is Steven Wagers and I run the site. I'm a Journalism student and I'd love to hear what you have to say, so post a comment or send me an email (Wagers.Steven@gmail.com).

Follow me on Twitter: @StevenWagers

Monday, November 22, 2010

Mazda's new beauty

The Mazda Shinari concept. Photo credit dieselstation.com.
Every once in a while, a car company releases a car so beautiful, that it causes the world to stop and stare while thinking "Yes. Now that is a B-A-U-tiful car."

Normally these cars are released by the Ferrari's and the Aston Martin's of the world, but this time it's Mazda who is making waves.



The car in question is the Mazda Shinari. It was revealed at the LA auto show, and while it is only a concept car, it is the starting point for the new Mazda 6 that will be coming out in 2012.

Motorauthority.com says the design is called Kodo, which they say means "soul of motion" in Japanese.

The last models were based off a design called "Nagare" but it seems Mazda has decided to go off in a completely new direction, and that's ok. In fact I think this new design gives Mazda a more luxury type feel while still maintaining some of that sportiness that Mazda liked to incorporate in their previous designs. This model sort of makes me think a bit more along the lines of a Lexus.

Either way after seeing the Shinari I can't wait to see if Mazda remains true to their word and presents us with a new Mazda 6 that looks like this.

Words by Steven Wagers.

No comments:

Post a Comment