Welcome to Semi-slicks!

Hi, and welcome to Semislicks, a place to come for news on your favourite car companies, upcoming new cars, as well as pieces written about the automotive industry.

My name is Steven Wagers and I run the site. I'm a Journalism student and I'd love to hear what you have to say, so post a comment or send me an email (Wagers.Steven@gmail.com).

Follow me on Twitter: @StevenWagers

Sunday, November 14, 2010

F1 Fraud

Felipe Massa. Photo credit ignition.my.
Before the F1 race on Saturday Felipe Massa said that he would be willing to let Ferrari teammate Fernando Alonso win the race if that's what it came down to.

According to a report from TSN, if Massa had let Alonso pass him (or if any other driver allowed a teammate to pass in order to win the race) to win, he could have been facing jail time.



He could have spent six years in the slammer, for fraud.

Massa already allowed Alonso to pass him at the German Grand Prix due to the infamous code "Alonso is faster than you. Can you confirm that you understood that message?"

Ferrari was fined 100,000 dollars for the incident.

In all seriousness though, these are supposed to be teams, so I don't really understand why it's illegal to help your teammate win? Obviously it doesn't matter anymore seeing as the race is over, but this is a rule that I would certainly like to see changed in the future.

Words by Steven Wagers

No comments:

Post a Comment