Welcome to Semi-slicks!

Hi, and welcome to Semislicks, a place to come for news on your favourite car companies, upcoming new cars, as well as pieces written about the automotive industry.

My name is Steven Wagers and I run the site. I'm a Journalism student and I'd love to hear what you have to say, so post a comment or send me an email (Wagers.Steven@gmail.com).

Follow me on Twitter: @StevenWagers

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Look out Caddies and Buicks

2010 Cadillac DTS. If you have one, it might start on fire.
Photo Credit  www.cadillac-dts-car.info
According to the Star, GM has had to recall 151 cars made by Cadillac and Buick in the Toronto area because their engines can spontaneously start on fire. Minor detail that.

The cars affected are 2010 or 2011 Buick Lucernes and the Cadillac DTS's. Apparently there is some sort of fault where power steering fluid starts to leak hits the starter or alternator cable and proceeds to go up in flames.

No cars in Canada have had this problem as of yet but apparently two cars in the United States have had this issue.

World wide, the recall has stretched to 14, 245 cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment