Welcome to Semi-slicks!

Hi, and welcome to Semislicks, a place to come for news on your favourite car companies, upcoming new cars, as well as pieces written about the automotive industry.

My name is Steven Wagers and I run the site. I'm a Journalism student and I'd love to hear what you have to say, so post a comment or send me an email (Wagers.Steven@gmail.com).

Follow me on Twitter: @StevenWagers

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Parts Garage 23.3.11

Imagine driving behind this. I'd be willing to bet
he doesn't get many tailgaters.
Photo credit: tribalgod.nl.
Welcome to this Wednesday's edition of Parts Garage.

Take a gander at today's interesting picture. Have any of you ever seen a semi with anything crazy on it? I know I haven't but apparently they are out there. Then again it could also be someone playing around with photoshop.

Ok, it's time to take a quick look at what is going on in the world of cars today, so without further ado here are your stories.


  • Israel is getting electric. Forbes has more on the story.
  • BMW just suped-up an X6M, so naturally Mercedes also decided to spend some time in the shop. Vijay Pattni tells us more.
  • The Earthquake in Japan has caused some major problems amongst some of the country's car suppliers. Bloomberg's Kae Inoue and Yuki Hagiwara have the story.
  • Torque News writes that the Fiat 500C is set to debut in New York.
  • Auto123 is reporting that Google is preparing a cordless charging station for electric cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment